The New Year marks a fresh start and an opportunity to work towards your goals. Every year life can get full and stressful and so I want to share a simple soothing strategy that can help when you need a little support.
It's called a Joy List.
Why do this? Your list serves as a reminder to choose activities that give you happiness. Many people find it challenging to remember which activities bring them joy when they’re overwhelmed by stress or life’s chaos.
I wanted to share 10 of my joys as examples, but be sure to create your own that feel most joyful for you.
1) Getting into my pyjamas – This instantly relaxes my body
2) Being of service – Helping others
3) Mindful doodling – I love the feeling of creating in the moment. There is complete peace found here
4) Reading a book – Snuggling up and reading a couple of pages of a book
5) Playing a game with my kids – Being present while having fun
6) Learning something new – There are so many things to be curious about. I love following the thread on something I might have heard or I am interested in
7) A warm cup of lemon and ginger tea – This fills me with warmth and goodness
8) Looking at my 2023 vision board – Just taking a moment to be inspired is sometimes all I need
9) Going to bed early - this is one of my favorites!
10) Anything ocean – the ocean brings me pure joy. Whether I am swimming, sailing, watching the waves, there is never a time the ocean cannot deliver
Write down your “Joy List” and then you are all ready. Remember to have it handy when you are looking for a little more happiness in 2023.
Quote of the week
Wishing you health and contentment in 2023. I am right by your side!